Sunday, January 19, 2014

Peace



noun

  • freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility
  • mental calm; serenity 
  • freedom from or the cessation of war or violence 
  • [in singular] a period of this
  • [in singular] a treaty agreeing to the cessation of war between warring states
  • freedom from civil disorder
  • (the peace) a ceremonial handshake or kiss exchanged during a service in some churches (now usually only in the Eucharist), symbolizing Christian love and unity. freedom from dispute or dissension between individuals or groups 

exclamation

  • used as a greeting.
  • used as an order to remain silent.

Origin


Middle English: from Old French pais, from Latin pax, pac- 'peace'.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alone, fear and shame settled deep in my core.  My reality reinforced all the 'truths' I took in. Questions, though unspoken, circled the darkness...

As I turn days over, as I turn years over, I hope, eventually, for a new way of seeing and the peace therein...the peace found from turning what I've believed to be truth on its head...




I'm trying to spin long enough that I might piece together the pieces to find this peace.

I wish each of you peace as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment